If you're craving a flavorful and spicy pasta dish, try making Arrabbiata Pasta. This Italian classic is known for its rich tomato sauce with a kick of heat. Here's how to prepare it:
– 8 oz (about 220g) of your favorite pasta (e.g., penne, spaghetti)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
– 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoe
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– Salt and black pepper to taste
– Fresh basil leaves, chopped (for garnish)
– Grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for serving)
1. Cook the Pasta: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Prepare the Sauce: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for about a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
Add Tomatoes and Seasonings: Pour in the crushed tomatoes and add the dried basil and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
Simmer the Sauce: Allow the sauce to simmer over medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and the flavors meld together.
Adjust Heat: If you prefer more spice, you can add extra red pepper flakes at this point.
Combine Pasta and Sauce: Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat the pasta evenly with the spicy arrabbiata sauce.
Serve: Plate the pasta in serving bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy: Your Spicy Arrabbiata Pasta is ready to be savored! Serve it with a side of garlic bread or a simple green salad.